I doodle. I design. I daydream. For better or worse, this is the evidence.


All of the pieces of art, projects, and photography are my original work.

Sun Spot Solidarity

Sun Spot Solidarity
72" x 120" oil, acrylic and latex paints on canvas

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Colonia del Sacramento

Colonia del Sacramento 
Uruguay

When I was originally debating traveling to Uruguay from Buenos Aires, the idea of colonial influences of the Portuguese and Spanish naval fleets and desire to gain ports peaked my interest and convinced me to book my Busquebus cruise from Buenos Aires to Montevideo and Colonia del Sacramento. This small city has retained its historic ubication since 1680 when originally founded by the Portuguese in their desire to colonize South America and establish trade ports. Colonia del Sacramento traded hands through many battles and wars mainly between the Spanish and Portuguese and later with Brazil until 1828 when Uruguay final declared Colonia del Sacramento part of their conquered territory. The seemingly interminable battle between Spain and Portugal can best be embodied by the fluctuating influence of the prevalent juxtaposition of the residential architecture that hugs the shore of Rio del la Plata. The staccato mixture of aesthetic styles has been preserved in this quaint town that offers equally eclectic shopping and dinning. 














No comments:

Post a Comment